Saturday 16 July 2022

Read my #BookReview of Footprints in the Sand (The Lucy Lawrence Mysteries Book 2) by Pam Lecky #HistoricalFiction #HistoricalMystery @pamlecky Follows you



Footprints in the Sand
(The Lucy Lawrence Mysteries Book 2)
By Pam Lecky


Cairo 1887: A melting pot of jealousy, lust and revenge. Who will pay the ultimate price?

Lucy Lawrence throws caution to the wind and embarks on a journey of self-discovery to the land of the pharaohs.

Travelling to Cairo as the patron of the charming French Egyptologist, Armand Moreau, Lucy discovers an archaeological community plagued by professional rivalries and intrigue. It is soon apparent that the thriving black market in antiquities threatens Egypt’s precious heritage.

When the Egyptian Museum is burgled, Lucy is determined to solve the case, much to the annoyance of the local inspector of police, and the alarm of Mary, her maid. But when an archaeologist is found murdered in the Great Pyramid, Lucy is catapulted into the resulting maelstrom. Can she keep her wits about her to avoid meeting a similar fate?

Book Rating:

📚📚📚📚📚⭐ = A book in a million
📚📚📚📚📚 = I could not put this book down. I Highly Recommend it.
📚📚📚📚 = A really great read.
📚📚📚 = It was enjoyable.
📚📚 = It was okay.
📚 = Um...! 😕

My Review
Footprints in the Sand
📚📚📚📚📚⭐ = A book in a million

Footprints in the Sand is the second book in Pam Lecky's, The Lucy Lawrence mysteries series. Having read book one a couple of months ago, I had not found the time to read book two and, therefore, it sat waiting patiently on my kindle while I tried to catch up with my other reading and reviewing commitments. But, I had not forgotten about it. I was really looking forward to reading book 2 of the series because if it was going to be anything like book 1, then I knew I would be in for a treat. 

What can I say, but WOW! I have never read a book that is so utterly compelling - I have read more than my fair share of books. Actually, that is wrong, the story isn't so much compelling as totally addictive. I was like a junkie, I could not start the day until I had my hour fix of Footprints in the Sand!!! It is no exaggeration to say that I have never read a book quite like this. Lecky took me back to the past, and I was immediately immersed in the history, and thoroughly committed to the characters.

I was expecting Phineas Stone to be a big part of this book, but he wasn't because Lucy was off having her own adventures without her love interest from book 1 getting in the way - how refreshing is that?! Instead, we are introduced to a whole host of new characters - the most memorable being Armand Moreau - a dashing Frenchman with a secret past.  I also found myself sympathising with poor Mary (Lucy's maid) who really loathed every minute of being in Egypt and counted down the hours until they could return to London! And I can't say I blamed her, being Lucy's maid is no easy task! Lucy was everything she was in Book 1 but with more confidence. I really loved how the author has depicted her heroine, a female sherlock holmes who is really relatable.

This novel, this series, is an absolute must for those who enjoy well-researched historical fiction.


You can pick up your copy at the following stores:

Amazon UK, Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon AU and #KindleUnlimited


Pam Lecky


Pam is an Irish historical fiction author with Avon Books UK/Harper Collins. Pam is represented by Therese Coen at the Hardman & Swainson Literary Agency, London.

Her Secret War, her Irish WW2 thriller, was released in October 2021, gaining a best seller badge in the US. The sequel, Her Last Betrayal, was released in April 2022.

The Bowes Inheritance, her debut novel, was awarded the B.R.A.G. Medallion; was shortlisted for the Carousel Aware Prize 2016; made 'Editor's Choice' by the Historical Novel Society; long-listed for the Historical Novel Society 2016 Indie Award; and chosen as a Discovered Diamond in February 2017.

June 2019, saw the release of No Stone Unturned, the first book in the Lucy Lawrence Mystery series, set in the late Victorian era. This was closely followed by the sequel, Footprints in the Sand, in March 2020, which is set in Victorian Egypt. The third book in the series, The Art of Deception, was released in December 2021. A fourth book in the series is at the planning stage




No comments:

Post a Comment

Read an excerpt from A Splendid Defiance by Stella Riley

  A Splendid Defiance By Stella Riley  Audiobook performed by Alex Wyndham Publication Date: 6th December 2012.  Publisher:  Stella Riley. P...